When we talk about “Modern Desktop” it means running your business using the Windows 10 operating system on a desktop or laptop device and Microsoft 365 in the cloud.
Why do I need modern desktop?
A modern desktop, with Windows 10 and Office 365 gives your business:
– Better productivity, by upto 25%
– Better security, with Microsoft investing over £1 Billion/year on security features
– Lower cost: With 20% less IT time for support and maintenance and 33% fewer issues
- Modern versions of the Office applications you already know including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- New application experiences like OneNote (which I use to take notes in all my meetings on laptop, mobile and tablet, and can’t live without)
- Microsoft Teams to hold online meetings, work more closely with colleagues without being physically together, and make and receive calls
- And if you’re running Windows 10 on a modern laptop or desktop device, interaction through voice, touch, and ink
- According to Forrester research, Windows 10 Improves your productivity by 25% to get more done in the same amount of time.
- Windows 10 Professional includes Bitlocker drive encryption – so if your computer is lost or stolen, the information stored on it won’t be readable to whoever has your computer.
- Microsoft 365 Business customers are constantly protected by Microsoft Advanced Threat Protection – Microsoft’s world leading security systems keeping email, attachments and files in the cloud safe from ransomware and virus infection.
- All tied together by the Microsoft Cyber Defense Operations Center – which brings together world-class cybersecurity specialists and data scientists in a 24×7 facility to combat threats in real-time. Microsoft Invest over US$1Bn a year and employ over 3500 security professionals to keep your business safe – all at no additional cost to you.
- Windows Defender virus and malware protection is built in to Windows 10 – you may be able to save money by ceasing your existing anti virus subscription
- According to Forrester research, Windows 10:
- Improves your productivity by 25% to get more done in the same amount of time (see above)
- Needs 20% less IT time to support and maintain, lowering support or IT department spend for your business.
- Suffers from 33% fewer issues which can’t be solved by the user – freeing up IT time, and reducing your wait time for support.
Upgrading to modern desktop is quick and easy:
- Most systems which are capable of running Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 can run Windows 10, either with no upgrades, or with a low cost memory upgrade.
- For small numbers of computers, the upgrade can usually be done remotely without a site visit.
If you want to improve productivity, security and lower your costs, contact us today for a free no obligation quote.