Why should my law firm become Cyber Essentials certified?
Cyber Security is the biggest technical issue facing legal firms today, with £11 million of client money stolen last year.
Cyber Essential’s is a UK Government backed cyber certification scheme which helps guard against 88% of known cyber-attacks. To support the importance of Cyber Essentials for law firms, the Law Society, in last years updated to Lexcel 6.1, now recommends that all law firms should be Cyber Essentials certified.
By getting Cyber Essentials certified, your practice can demonstrate to clients, suppliers and other stakeholders that you are taking effective measures to secure client data and funds.
How can cyber essentials help your law firm?
- Supports your Lexcel certification;
- Promotes good cyber security hygiene;
- Reassures clients that you are taking cyber security seriously;
- Improves your firm’s reputation.
How do I get Cyber Essentials certified?
At the most basic level, Cyber Essentials is a questionnaire that requires you to provide evidence that you are compliant against the 5 controls of Cyber Essentials.
Due to the technical nature of the controls, only a person familiar with the scheme should consider completing it.
How can we help?
- We are qualified Accredited Cyber Essential Practitioners and can help you with every stage of the certification;
- We provide in person practical help;
- We work alongside your own IT team of outsourced provider to help you get certified;
- Our consultants have over 20 years IT experience, and can provide practical technical IT help to get you certified;
- We have extensive experience in the legal sector and have helped many law firms get certified.
If you want any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 862 00 95.